I have just been happy all day today. Ever since I woke up. Even though I only got 6 hours of sleep (which is way less than my usual 8-9!), I was still peppy!
Thursdays are fantastic because I never have anything due for Friday classes so after my Bio lab lets out at 6:30, I can relax! 😀 And there wasn’t a lot of relaxing for me this week, so tonight has been wonderful. I admit, I’ve been watching episodes of Dance Moms and the Following in my pajamas since 7. No shame.
My great mood today made me notice all of the little things I often neglect to appreciate in my life right now. Here are some of the ones that I was appreciating today:
- It was so cold and windy on campus today, but my ankle stayed nice and toasty because my walking cast is basically like a windbreaker on steroids.
- Having early classes gives me the chance to see the campus while it is still “asleep.” Eerie, but in a cool way. Bonus: the sky was gorgeous this morning as I was walking to class.
- My Bio prof made the usual Thursday quiz a group quiz. WIN.
- My friends are awesome.
- Someone complemented me on my (sweat)pants. Thought about questioning their judgment, then I just let it happen. I’ll take it.
- My mom is basically a superhero (okay, so this isn’t a little thing, but I still don’t acknowledge it enough!).
There is so much more I could add to that list, but it’s too much to write! Those are just a few of the (completely random) things that really made me happy today. 🙂 And tomorrow is FRIDAY! I’m going home right after my last class – my little sis has an all-county band concert that I promised I wouldn’t miss. Weekends with family are the best!
And I’ll be trying out a bunch of recipes this weekend, so stay tuned to hear about my baking adventures!
Have an awesome Friday, and don’t forget to be thankful for the little things. 🙂