I’m so glad that it is Friday! Did anyone else feel like this week took forever? …I think I feel that way every week…haha.
It’s been a busy week, and I have a busy day today – class at 9, meeting with a professor, class at 12, and lab from 1 to 5 – but then it’s the weekend! Weather permitting, I’m planning to do some adventuring in the city this weekend…I have a list of places I’ve been wanting to visit, but this is the first weekend in I-don’t-know-how-long that I’ll actually be able to take some time away from studying to do that. So I’m excited! Also, our housing selection is Saturday – we get our lottery number tomorrow, so fingers crossed for a good one!
Now that I’ve filled you in on my [very open] plans for this weekend, here’s what I have been up to this week, “Fast Five”-style!
1. Eating ALL the veggies. I don’t know what it is, but some weeks I just want can’t get enough vegetables! I actually texted multiple friends…and my mom…raving about my salad last night and the veggies and chicken I had Wednesday night. I guess there are worse things to go crazy over…? 😀
2. Surviving midterms. No, I did not fail my Orgo exam. HALLELUJAH. I swear, Organic Chemistry does this thing where it takes my heart and puts it in a blender and turns me into emotional soup. Usually I don’t let classes get under my skin like that, especially because I usually end up doing okay on the exams, but there’s something about Orgo…
3. Walking. Soooooooo many walks. And I love it. Yesterday, it was SEVENTY-FOUR degrees outside. Maybe it’s actually spring…? (Oh wait, tomorrow’s high temp is only 45. Nope, just kidding…not spring.) But hey, this week was pretty nice overall, and yesterday was awesome, so I can’t complain too much. 🙂 And what could be better than jamming out to music, exploring this beautiful city, and getting in some exercise all at the same time?
4. Morning quiet time. I used to get my exercise in before breakfast-time, but there were two problems with that: 1.) I was sacrificing some sleep to do so, and 2.) my morning hunger is a raging beast from basically the moment I wake up (seriously, ask my family…don’t get between me and my breakfast when I’m hangry!). So I’ve been waking up a little bit later for the past few months – albeit way earlier than most college students – and having breakfast while reading my daily devotional, enjoying my coffee, and easing into the day. Let me tell ya, it is nice. 🙂 And it really helped me stay grounded this past week and a half in the midst of midterm stress!
5. Not wearing real pants. Yep, you read that correctly…no jeans for this girl! I managed to go through the whole week without wearing anything besides leggings, crops, or sweats. Reason #258712398425741 why I’m single…
So there ya have it! That’s the quick-and-dirty on what I’ve been up to this week. Make sure to drop by on Monday to hear about my weekend shenanigans! 🙂
Have an awesome weekend!
What are you doing this weekend?