Wow, it’s been a while.
Six months – almost to the day – to be exact. I fell off the blogging wagon, for many reasons: school ramped up, I was running a lot more, and my free time usually ended up being used for eating or sleeping. The life of a college student, right? Sadly, that meant that Muffins here got put on the backburner, which I truly regret. I forgot how much I love writing, and I wish I had made more of an effort to fit blogging into my schedule.
So what have I been up to for the last half a year? Well…a lot. To name just a few things I did…
– I survived my first semester of Organic Chemistry.
– I explored and discovered new things in D.C.
– I hung out with school friends and friends from home.
– I spent a lot of time with my mom, because she’s awesome. (Love you, Mom!)
– I released my inner music nerd, and (not-so-secretly) loved it.
– I reconnected with my faith, on a level that I haven’t allowed myself to be on for a long time.
– I spent quiet mornings on the waterfront, just soaking up the beauty of life.
– I laughed, and cried some too.
– I learned the healing power of long walks, and that yoga is good for the soul.
– I ran…a LOT. Like, half marathon a lot.
I’ll be writing a lot more about many of these things in the coming weeks, but that is just a quick snapshot of my life since September. I’ve had a lot of fun, made a lot of memories, and also made some pretty big decisions. I ran a half marathon and was on top of the world, and more recently, I made the decision to stop running for a while. I feel like where I am, at this moment in my life, is a critical place for me with so much potential. Which begs the question…
Where do I go from here?
Long story short, I don’t really know. My biggest goal is to make more time for myself, and to find the self-confidence and self-love that I seem to have lost somewhere along the way in these past six months. There may not be a lot of running talk on here for a while, but that doesn’t mean there won’t be a lot of good talk. (And food. Always food!)
I hope you guys will stick around and enjoy whatever adventures I get myself into! And Muffins is officially back; I have lots of exciting things in store – changes, upgrades, you name it – for this little blog over the next few months.
Thanks for reading, everyone. 🙂